Study Habits

If you plan on having a future in whatever you desire, you’ve most likely tried studying at least once or twice. I try to “hit the books” as much as my mind allows (the exception being no homework nights), and I’d like to share some of what I’ve found helpful.
On a normal day, after a day of school work, I retire to my room for a prolonged session of relaxation, waiting about thirty minutes until I begin to work on the varying amount of homework I happily receive each day. Even though this might not seem the most important step to a study schedule, I find it particularly essential after a strenuous day of work in a classroom. In this period of time I normally will obtain some sustenance to allow for a peaceful studying environment.
Now, I can remember things, and quite well if I do say so myself, but only if I draw or write them. My mind has a much harder time committing spoken words to memory then just writing them down. If I was, say, memorizing the pieces of the brain, then I would get almost nothing out of an oral explanation, while a diagram or image with detailed labels would be much more beneficial.
Now, back to studying.